Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Beause I will be 30 soon!

I've seen this list going around for months and months and months, so I figured I would do it. You know, since I'malmost 30?  It's always something I joke about, when people ask my age. I don't feel anywhere near 30, I don't look 30, and I certainly don't fear 30.

From Glamour magazine:



By 30, you should have:



1. One old boyfriend you can imagine going back to and one who reminds you of how far you’ve come. IF I WAS SINGLE, there's an old "boyfriend" I can see myself, at least giving a second chance. It wasn't because of anything in particular. We weren't technically "boyfriend" and "girlfriend." Things were left unfinished and never really officially were started, so it would have been interesting to see where that would have went. There's definitely A LOT of guys I have dated that have definitely realized how far I've come. (NOT necessarily a bad thing!)



2. A decent piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in your family. Every piece of furniture I own (couches, bed, washer/dryer, bookcases) are all brand new. However, the three piece sectional was given to me by my bestie, because she was getting rid of it.


3. Something perfect to wear if the employer or man of your dreams wants to see you in an hour. I have clothes for every occasion.


4. A purse, a suitcase and an umbrella you’re not ashamed to be seen carrying. I have all of those. I do want a new set of luggage. Maybe, some leopard print?


5. A youth you’re content to move beyond. Sure. I was the only child. I always had the opportunity to do extracurricular activities (dance, piano, tennis, summer camps, etc). I had many great opportunities and fun, while growing up. 


6. A past juicy enough that you’re looking forward to retelling it in your old age. Most definitely. I DO have some stories, but sorry none of those will be going on the blog ;)
7. The realization that you are actually going to have an old age—and some money set aside to help fund it. Sure. Hopefully, with my job, since there is NO limit to the money you can make, I can achieve it. If I want to make just $30,000 I can, or if I want to make $100,000, it is entirely possible. There is UNLIMITED income and A LOT potential with my job. So, here's to me...going to work my ass off, so I can get out of debt, live debt free, and have anything that I could ever want. *crosses fingers.


8. An e-mail address, a voice mailbox and a bank account—all of which nobody has access to but you. Yes, yes, and yes. I'm the only one with access to these three things. My hubby doesn't even have access to these things. I mean, my voicemail ANYONE that uses my phone does, because I have visual voicemail. Either way, I hate voicemail, so I don't use it or rarely check it.


9. A résumé that is not even the slightest bit padded. I don't use resume, and haven't since I was about 16 years old. I use a CV/Vita that is about four pages long. It has ALWAYS worked, and that's how I landed like TEN interviews in ONE week. Even though, I have been at my current position for about three weeks, I'm STILL getting calls about interviews.


10. One friend who always makes you laugh and one who lets you cry. I do, but I rarely cry though!

11. A set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill and a black lace bra. I have a set of screwdrivers and petny of lace bras. I'm not sure about a cordless drill, but I do have a drill.

12. Something ridiculously expensive that you bought for yourself, just because you deserve it. YES. Probably more times than I should.


13. The belief that you deserve it. NO ONE deserves anything. YOU have to work for it.


14. A skin-care regimen, an exercise routine and a plan for dealing with those few other facets of life that don’t get better after 30. Yes. I NEVER sunbathe. I NEVER go to the tanning bed. NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILL.


15. A solid start on a satisfying career, a satisfying relationship and all those other facets of life that do get better. See #7 in regards to career. I've currently been married for 1 year and 2 months. I love life, and REALLY do think that it gets better and better.


By 30, you should know:



1. How to fall in love without losing yourself. In the past, no. Now? Definitely know how not to lose yourself.

2. How you feel about having kids. I do NOT have baby fever, nor do I want kids until I'm actually 30. 

3. How to quit a job, break up with a man and confront a friend without ruining the friendship. Yes to all three. I may not like it, but I'm not afraid of confrontation.

4. When to try harder and when to walk away. Yes.

5. How to kiss in a way that communicates perfectly what you would and wouldn’t like to happen next. Haha. Mmmm yes :)

6. The names of: the secretary of state, your great-grandmother and the best tailor in town. I don't need a tailor.

7. How to live alone, even if you don’t like to. I didn't/don't mind living alone at all.

8. How to take control of your own birthday. Ummm.. yes.

9. That you can’t change the length of your calves, the width of your hips or the nature of your parents. Yeah, but a plastic surgeon can work some miracles.

10. That your childhood may not have been perfect, but it’s over. Well, it has been over for quite some time.

11. What you would and wouldn’t do for money or love. For money? Just name it, and I will possibly do it.

12. That nobody gets away with smoking, drinking, doing drugs or not flossing for very long. You want to age fast? Go ahead and do all those things.

13. Who you can trust, who you can’t and why you shouldn’t take it personally. I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt and would like to believe most people have good intentions. However, I'm NOT naive or stupid. I do realize some people just simply cannot be trusted, and that is just simply a reflection on them, not you.

14. Not to apologize for something that isn’t your fault. I don't really like apologizing for something that is NOT my fault. 

15. Why they say life begins at 30. I think 30 is the new 20.

No comments:

Post a Comment